Role & Responsibilities
The Recruitment Assistant will support Medair's International recruitment strategy; sourcing and screening candidates through various channels, planning interviews, selecting participants for the Relief Orientation Course (ROC) and Virtual (vROC) participants and ensuring the preparation of the ROC and vROC is completed in a timely manner. The Recruitment Assistant provides input into the development of long-term recruiting strategies, and supports the work of the Recruitment Partners to nurture trusting relationships with alumni and potential candidates.
Medair's global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people.The HR function is also working on impacting Medair's culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared of through a 'people to people' model.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Support the development and implementation of the Medair recruitment strategy, policy and guidelines together with the Recruitment Team Leader and Recruitment Partners.
- Provides input into the analysis of recruitment activities to provide ROI statistics
- Deliver and use the selection process for new / vacant positions
- Screen applications in regards to applicants' values, skills and culture fit at the primary interaction level. Customer service-based approach to candidates and staff.
- Present participants for the ROC and vROC: pre-selected candidates for a job and selected candidates for Medair Talent pool (Post ROC and vROC). Work in conjunction with Recruitment Partners to invite to ROC and vROC.
- Explore potential candidates in Devex, LinkedIn etc. & follow-up for handover to Recruitment Partners.
Emergency Response recruitment
- Provide support in the management of the Emergency Response Pool and email (as delegated), ensuring interested and approved candidates are included and relevant selection criteria are up to date.
Recruitment Database management
- Support and maintain the Medair recruitment database system and ensure it is kept up to date on candidate selection criteria and availability.
- Facilitate and promote use of the database and reports among all HR staff.
- Research and develop key contact information within the recruitment database to support recruitment activities and communications. Ensure data is utilised according to GDPR requirements.
Relationship and Talent management
- Support and maintain relationships with Alumni and candidates who have passed the ROC (maintain contact, match current and future opportunities identification with candidate availabilities).
- Contribute to relationship management in other Medair alumni networks (prayer, funding, Media…).
ROC Support/Planning/ Delivery
- Plan and prepare all stages of the ROC and vROC (pre, during, after), including all preparation for participants and staffing needs, planning, communication, administration & improvements.
- Be an active contributor in maintaining the quality in ROC & vROC management within rotating teams.
- Deliver quality support throughout the whole ROC process and vROC, including planning of dates in collaboration with the Recruitment Team Leader, and in accordance with the GSO annual calendar.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair's international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related field.
- HR certification or Master in a related field of operation (optional).
- Good working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Previous exposure to professional social networks (Linkedin, Xing…).
- Experience in supporting hiring managers, process-building, planning & execution, working under tight deadlines. Experience as an HR generalist/ business partner will be a plus.
- Experience with applicants tracking system.
- Knowledgeable with the Microsoft office Environment. Working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Understanding of humanitarian sector or previous position in an INGO is a plus.
- Ability to work and analyse data. Organization and time management skills.
- Driven and result-oriented with a positive attitude. Ability to build strong and long-term relationships.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair's accountability policies and best practices.
c) Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.