Terre des hommes est la plus grande organisation suisse d'aide à l'enfance. Chaque année, nous soutenons directement et indirectement plus de quatre millions d'enfants et leurs proches dans plus de 30 pays.
Nous aspirons à un monde où les droits des enfants, tels que définis dans la Convention relative aux droits de l'enfant, sont toujours respectés. Un monde où les enfants peuvent grandir à l'abri du danger et devenir les acteurs et actrices du changement qu'ils et elles souhaitent voir dans leur vie.
Verify your compatibility with this job ad
The compatibility is only an indication and should not discourage you from applying if you think your profile matches. It is also not taken into consideration for recruitment.
Position Start Date : as soon as possible
Duration : 12 months
Location : Kyiv, Ukraine
Status : non-accompanied
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh), with headquarters in Lausanne and an office in Zurich, is the leading Swiss organisation for child rights. In 2022, we supported 2.6 million children and members of their communities around the world. We trained people who in turn supported a further 4.5 million children and members of their communities.
In Ukraine, Terre des hommes has worked through partnerships since 2009 and legally established its offices in 2014. The organization was then operating in the country through 2 operational offices in Mariupol and Sievierodonetsk, while maintaining a coordination and representation office in Kyiv. Following the Invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation Army in February 2022, the Tdh team relocated in Ivano Frankivsk, where it started operations for the area of West Ukraine.
Now, in August 2023, the organization continues to operate in the oblast of Ivano-Frankisvk but also works in Eastern and Southern parts of the country in Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv and Odesa - with two offices just opened in Kharkiv and Odesa. Tdh Ukraine simultaneously works with partners in Poltava, Khmelnytskyi, Chernivtsi, Ternopil & Transcarpathia and aims to cover the entire Ukrainian territory, whether directly or through partnerships, by the end of 2024.
With more than 40 staff members, Terre des hommes Ukraine currently provides diverse services to children, youth and families affected by the conflict through multiple initiatives: MHPSS mobile teams, setting-up of Child-Friendly Spaces, support to IDP collective centers, training of Ukrainian social workers on child protection, cash-based initiatives, etc. In order to do so, the organization works in close collaboration with local partners and national authorities through the support of donors such as the Ukraine Humanitarian Fund, GIZ, Centre de Crise et de Soutien (CdCS), Swiss Solidarity, Beisham Foundations and others.
General Responsibilities :
· Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, he/she ensures the proper functioning of operations at the national level; as such he/she represents the Foundation in the assignment country.
· He/She directs and supervises all activities connected to the Tdh projects in his/her assignment country in line with the SP (Strategic Plan) and strategic orientations.
· He/She represents Tdh (including legally) and promotes the entirety of its remit in the assignment country.
· He/She demonstrates ethical and exemplary leadership in order to maintain the Foundation's good reputation and leads all the delegation's collaborators in a shared vision in compliance with the Foundation's strategic orientations. In collaboration with the programs and expertise, he/she develops the Strategic Plan of the Delegation's operations in compliance with the general reference framework.
· He/She develops and guarantees the implementation of the Delegation's Annual Operational Plans (AOPs) in compliance with the Strategic Plan and internal processes (budgetary management, HR and logistics management, quality and accountability).
· He/She guarantees the implementation of an operational risk-management system for the Delegation.
· He/She supervises and supports all staff attached to the Delegation.
· He/She ensures the Delegation's internal and external communications.
· He/She feels accountable to the beneficiaries, collaborators and donors.
· He/She makes sure that his/her teams and partners have learned the security policies and the general code of conduct and comply with them at all times.
· He/She is responsible for the security of the Tdh teams under his/her responsibility and is in charge of the security rules and the contingency plans of the country or countries under his/her responsibility.
· Manages and assumes ultimate responsibility for the risks and access aspects of the mission.
The full job description will be shared with the candidates selected to start the recruitment process.
Master's degree in Management, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related discipline(s).
Experience & Competencies :
· 5+ years of experience in a senior management position / similar position.
· Experience of managing a big team.
· Experience in both development and emergency contexts.
· Experience of managing development programming, advocacy, humanitarian and other interventions within an INGOs.
· Experience of working with institutional and private donors.
· Knowledge of Child Protection, Migration, Health, WASH and Emergency Response programs.
· Experience in successfully managing various forms of partnership with National and International NGOs.
· Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills);
· Experience in Eastern Europe is an asset.
English fluent, Russian and Ukrainian is an asset
High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Swiss contract
· Gross monthly salary between CHF 5'500.- and CHF 6'000.- x13,36 months, depending on experience,
· Insurances: sickness, accident, repatriation
· Annual leaves: 25 days/year
· Flights/transportation to duty station and back
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
· Fully complies with Tdh's Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
· Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
· Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JKbCoDZw?idpartenaire=20469
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
Working hours (%): 80-100%80-100%
Level of experience: Senior Professional, more than 5 years
Area of work: Leadership and Management